BUILDING DEPARTMENT INTAKE HOURS ARE:
Monday - Friday from 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
NO APPOINTMENT NECESSARY
The Building Department is responsible for all building permits and inspections for construction within the Town of Palm Beach Shores.
PERMIT SUBMITTAL - ALL CONTRACTORS AND SUB-CONTRACTORS
When submitting a permit please have the following ready:
- Town building permit application (we do NOT accept the County universal application)
- Two Copies of the plans/specs and/or NOA’s.
- Proposal/quote/agreement between the contractor and the property owner showing the valuation of the job, this is how we determine the permit fee.
- Recorded Notice of Commencement if the job is over $2500/$7500 for mechanical.
- Please note that the permit application must be signed and notarized by both the homeowner and the contractor.
- Permit fees are to be paid at submittal.
Contractors & Subs must all register with the Town before commencing any work in the Town.
The following documents are required when submitting to register:
- Contractor Registration Application.
- Copy of your qualifier’s state/county license.
- Current certificate(s) of liability and workers comp and The Town of Palm Beach Shores as the Certificate Holder.
Inspections are performed Monday through Friday.
Inspection requests must be received by 3:30 PM the day before in order to schedule an inspection for the following business day.
Please schedule inspections at My Government Online
October 1 - April 30: Monday - Saturday 8am - 5pm. Construction vehicles removed by 6pm.
May 1 - September 30: Monday - Saturday 8am - 6pm. Construction vehicles removed by 7pm.