(Position open until filled)
OPENING DATE: 10/25/19
CLOSING DATE: 11/15/19 (or until filled)
DESCRIPTION: FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Under the general direction of the Town Clerk, responsible for the investigation and follow through of complaints of code violations in accordance with Chapter 162 Florida Statutes. This job has no supervisory responsibility.
Nature of Work:
1. Serve as the Town’s Code Enforcement/Compliance Officer pursuant to Chapter 162, Florida Statutes, as adopted by the Town at section 2-66 of the Town Code of Ordinances.
2. Respond to complaints and conduct field investigations/inspections related to construction projects, land use and development regulations, minimum property standards, noise, etc. Issue notices of violation and notices of hearing for Special Magistrate hearings.
3. Prepare cases for prosecution before the Special Magistrate.
4. Testify and generally present cases to the Special Magistrate under the direction of the Town Attorney.
5. Other tasks as may be requested by the Town that are reasonable and customary for a Code Enforcement/Compliance Officer.
• Knowledge of the Town’s Code of Ordinances, with emphasis on zoning, minimum housing standards, and minimum property maintenance standards.
• Ability to interpret and apply Town ordinances.
• Ability to read and interpret building plans and specifications as required by property development regulations.
• Ability to make decisions in the field in accordance with appropriate code regulations.
• Ability to compose clear reports.
• Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate work, including case files in accordance with the Town policies and operating procedures.
• Ability to meet and interact with residents and the public in a professional manager.
• Ability to maintain a pleasant and calm demeanor with upset residents.
• Graduation from high school or possess a GED
• Two (2) years’ experience in zoning code or related code enforcement, investigatory or building construction work, or any combination of training, experience or education
• Florida Association of Code Enforcement (FACE) Level I Certification at the time of hire or obtain within 6 months of hire date.
If interested, please visit the Town’s website: www.palmbeachshoresfl.us and complete an employment application
. Submit the application, along with a current resume and/or cover letter to the Town Clerk, either in person or mail at 247 Edwards Lane, Palm Beach Shores, FL 33404, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org